When it comes to purchasing an engine or gearbox, the secret to buying a good quality second hand engine or gearbox not only lies in how well you do your research and knowing exactly what you are looking for.
There are a large number of advantages one can gain from purchasing a second hand engine and or gearbox, such as…
- Second hand engines are always reliable as they are always almost original items. Considering that original parts are always a perfect fit, and are designed to last for years when maintained properly.
- Whether we realise it or not second hand engines and gearboxes when bought actually help with keeping our environment in impeccable conditions. As it’s another form of recycling known as upcycling.
- Second hand engines and gearboxes are cheaper when compared to new engines or gearboxes. Another excellent way you can save money when looking to get your car up and running.
Always consider a few of our pointers when purchasing a second hand engine or gearbox:
- Always check the history of the second hand engine or gearbox e.g. mileage, model and service history. In our case at ACE AUTO SCRAPYARD, all our vehicles are insurance accident damaged and come with a full service history.
- When going to inspect the engine or gearbox make sure all the parts of the engine or gearbox are intact and are in good working condition.
- Always check the guarantee of your engine or gearbox when you purchase it.
- Lastly, remember to run a full service on the engine and or gearbox you buy, yearly to ensure a longer and healthier life engine and gearbox.
Ultimately, it’s all about doing your research and not rushing into making any hasty decisions. Find out as much as you can about who you are planning to buy from. Other than that, second hand engines and gearbox’s could be the best thing you buy since sliced bread.